Sandia and Lawrence Livermore labs, i-GATE to showcase Cleantech Open program
LIVERMORE, Calif. — Representatives from national labs, universities and business will gather for a Cleantech Open Business Briefing on March 18 at Sandia National Laboratories’ Livermore Valley Open Campus (LVOC) to highlight how those entities are working together to develop clean technologies and take them into the marketplace.
The Cleantech Open is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to find, fund and foster entrepreneurs with big ideas that address today’s most urgent energy, environmental and economic challenges.
Members of the news media are invited to the Cleantech Open Business Briefing from 1-4 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, at Sandia’s Livermore campus. Contact Mike Janes at 925-294-2447 or email@example.com if you plan to attend or have questions.
Scheduled speakers include:
- U.S. Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., who will discuss the importance of clean technology research and development
- Larry Kelly, managing director of Kelly Ventures and a member of the Band of Angels
- Peter Freeman, chair of the Clean-Tech Subcommittee for the Keiretsu Forum and CEO of Global Renewable Energy ENgines Inc.
- Rob Lamkin, CEO of Cool Earth Solar and a former Cleantech Open Accelerator participant
- Brian Steel, University of California-Berkeley Cleantech to Market program
- Elizabeth Cantwell, director for Economic Development, LLNL
- Andy McIlroy, senior manager of development at LVOC, Sandia Labs
The briefing also will include an overview of the Cleantech Open and its 2014 Accelerator program, a reception hosted by Sandia, LLNL and i-GATE and a technology showcase featuring solar, hydrogen, transportation energy and energy storage technologies developed locally.
Sandia National Laboratories is a multi-program laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corp., for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration. With main facilities in Albuquerque, N.M., and Livermore, Calif., Sandia has major R&D responsibilities in national security, energy and environmental technologies and economic competitiveness.
Sandia news media contact: Mike Janes, firstname.lastname@example.org, (925) 294-2447