Meeting the Challenge: 2017 ESS Safety Forum
Meeting the Challenge: 2017 ESS Safety Forum will provide a platform for discussing the current state of ESS Safety (ESS-S) and mitigation strategies for improving cell to system level safety and reliability. This open forum will provide presenters an opportunity to present their work in ESS-S, and it will provide attendees the chance to see the work that is creating the future of ESS-S.
- Dr. Imre Gyuk: U.S. Department of Energy
- Partha Mukherjee: Texas A&M University
- Bessma Aljarbou: Qnovo
- Tim Riley: PyroPhobic Systems
- Dan Steingart: Princeton University
- Ankur Jain: University of Texas Arlington
- Heather Barkholtz: Sandia National Laboratories
- Judith Jeevarajan: Underwriters Laboratory
- Steve Willard: Electric Power Research Institute
- Arthur O’Donnell: California Public Utilities Commission
- Britt Reichborn-Kjennerud: Consolidated Edison
- Clifford Ho: Sandia National Laboratories
- Andrew Blum: Fisher Engineering, Inc.
- Paul Rogers: Fire Department of New York
- Brian O’Connor and Andrew Klock: National Fire Protection Association
- Howard Hopper: UL LLC
- Bor Yann Liaw: Idaho National Laboratory
- Josh Lamb: Sandia National Laboratories
- Don Bender: Sandia National Laboratories
- Hsin Wang: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Kevin Marr: University of Texas at Austin
- John Hewson: Sandia National Laboratories
- Ofodike Ezekoye: University of Texas at Austin
- Erik Spoerke: Sandia National Laboratories
- Nick Warner: DNV GL
- Benjamin Ditch: FM Global
- Hiroyuki Kubo: NITE
- Laurie Florence: Underwriters Laboratory
- Roger Lin: NEC Energy Solutions
- David Conover: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Vilayanur Viswanathan: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
Meeting the Challenge: 2017 ESS Safety Forum will be held at the historic La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico from February 22-24, 2017.
Sandia has reserved a block of rooms at a special conference rate of $99 single/double, plus applicable taxes. These rates are reserved for Forum attendees on a first come, first served basis through January 30th. Reservations can be made online here or by calling the La Fonda Hotel at toll free 1-800-523-5002 or (505) 982-5511.
There are two shuttle options available for transportation from the Albuquerque International Sunport to Santa Fe:
- (505) 242-0302 or (888) 775-5696 (toll free)
- Shuttle between Albuquerque International Sunport and Santa Fe.
RoadRunneR Shuttle & Charter
- (505) 424-3367
- Daily Door-to-door shared ride shuttle and private ride charters from the Albuquerque International Sunport to Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Espanola and surrounding areas.