Student Eligibility Requirements
Be at least 14 years of age as of the day class starts.
Be currently enrolled in a high school or accredited home school program
Be a U.S. citizen
Have a valid driver's license, U.S. passport, California ID card, or current high school ID card with a photograph
- Review the class offerings.
- Complete our online application (only available when applications are being accepted).
Note: for Summer 2017, we are using a Survey Monkey survey for our application process. The link is listed below. If for any reason you don't want your information entered into Survey Monkey, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Application Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cta_summer_2017_application
- You can only take one class during each session.
- You will be asked to rank the classes in the order that most interest you on the application form.
- After the application period has closed, you will be notified via email if you are selected to participate in the CTA program.
- If you are waitlisted, please still attend Orientation. Students that don't attend (without an exception) will have their seats given away and we can usually accomodate quite a few waitlisted students each session.
The CTA is not an internship program. Our goal is to train the next generation of cybersecurity and computer science experts. Any of our applicants could have the potential to be the next Parisa Tabriz (Google's Security Princess), Steve Wozniak, or Linus Torvalds. We anticipate that our applicant pool will contain students with a range of previous experiences and skill sets.
Consequently, our application decision will be based on motivation. It doesn't matter if you've been sitting behind a computer your entire life or if you only learned to type earlier this year. We want to fill our classroom with students who have the potential to become the best and brightest in this field. That's why we want to know what interests you.
Our application form has a free response section that we use to evaluate your motivation. We know that answering application questions might look a lot like homework. However, we ask that you pick one and answer it with care, as it is the only method we have for evaluating you. We ask that you respond in approximately 200-300 words. Please do not go significantly over this bound.